Hello Artist! Thank you for your interest in participating in Contemporary at Blue Star’s 33rd annual Red Dot Art Sale Fundraiser. All submissions must be received by May 19, 2023, 11:59pm.
You may submit up 3-5 artworks for review. These submissions must be works you are actually able to contribute to the fundraiser if invited to participate. Contemporary at Blue Star’s Curator will select one work to be included in the Red Dot Art Sale and subsequent show.
Your submission will include:
-Resume: 2 page(s) maximum
-Work examples: 3 – 5
-Artist Statement: 300 word maximum
-High resolution photographs of artwork
-Year work was produced
-Size in inches (HxWxD)
-Price in USD
-About this piece
-If an editioned work, is the Contemporary authorized to sell more than one work? YES or NO? If yes, how many?
– Have at least 5 years of relevant experience and/or specialized arts training, such as a degree or certificate.
– Demonstrate a clear investment of time and resources into their artistic practice and/or derive a portion of individual earned income from their artistic practice or areas related to their field.
– Have professional portfolios that include publicly displayed and possibly published works.
– Must not be a current student.
– Must currently reside in Bexar County and/or conduct a significant portion of your artistic practice/outreach in San Antonio, or has exhibited at the Contemporary in the last 5 years.
*please note Red Dot is a FUNDRAISER and not a part of our exhibition program, thus the Contemporary does not cover production, finishing, or shipping/delivery costs for artworks included in the fundraiser. It is at the artists discretion if they choose to submit older, existing works or newly completed work.
-Application deadline May 19, 2023, 11:59pm.
-Artist Notification June 2023
-Artwork delivery to the Contemporary August 25- September 1, 2023
-Red Dot Installation by Contemporary staff September 2023
-Red Dot party October 4, 2023, 6-10pm (selected artists receive 2 tickets)
-January 7, 2024 Red Dot Closes
-January 10-12 Artwork pick up by artists for any unsold works