Free and open to the public with advanced online registration.
Join the Contemporary Staff for Yoga in the Gallery led by Lesley Ramsey, founder of BeCause Yoga. Yoga in the Gallery is an adaptive yoga class for adults that includes:
- postures tailored to each individual’s needs;
- gentle movement sequences to help improve the body’s movement patterns, range of motion, strength and flexibility;
- yogic breath techniques;
- somatic experiencing; and
- guided relaxation.
This class is designed to accommodate participants with a range of physical abilities. Chairs can be provided for those individuals who have difficulty getting up and down from the floor. People who use a wheelchair can practice and benefit from the seated versions of all movements and postures.
About Lesley Ramsey
Lesley Ramsey is an experienced trauma certified yoga instructor, founder and manager of the Yoga Collective at MBS Fitness, and founder of BeCause Yoga, a San Antonio-based nonprofit with the mission to provide and promote yoga for individual wellbeing and collective empowerment. She has the following yoga certifications:
- Yoga Alliance E-RYT 500 and YACEP, 2020
- Embody Love Movement Facilitator Certification, 2019
- Trauma Sensitive Yoga Teacher Certification, Grace Tree Foundation, 2018
- Yoga Alliance RYT 500, 2017, Alchemy of Flow and Form 500 RYT training with Christina Sell and Gioconda Parker, San Marcos, TX
- Yoga Alliance RYT 200, 2009, Castle Hill Fitness, Austin, T
Follow BeCause Yoga on Instagram: @be.cause.yo